Friday, August 17, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey: Casting Prospects

Ian Somerhalder as Christian Grey

So all along I saw Simon Baker as Christian Grey and a no name for Ana
Steele. Then I hit the part about his crackhead mother, and I believed Christian deserved a darker person. That's when I went with Ian Somerhalder. Yes I know Simon Baker is a bit too old for the part, but he can play young. To be honest, I think it is a fair tie between the two.

Maggie Grace as Ana Steele

For Ana Steele I went with Maggie Grace from Taken.. but after I remembered that she played a vampire in Twilight I kind of refrained from her. I also just found out that Maggie Grace and Ian Somerhalder had a thing. Being that I watched the ABC hit show LOST for all of two seasons, I was not aware that they were on-sceen related, let alone knew each other.

Simon Baker as Christian Grey

My Ana Steele alternative would be Nina Dobrev, and I do believe she would do an amazing job, but I think Dobrev fits with Somerhalder (as us Vampire Diaries lovers know), but not so much with Baker.

The possibilities for Christian Grey could honestly go on and on, but these are my two definite contenders.

Nina Dobrev as Ana Steele





As for the rest of the cast, the ever curious Katherine Kavanagh, a few prospects are, Katie Cassidy, Shailene Woodley, or Lake Bell. As for Elliot, tall, dark, and handsome, my thoughts are Kelly Blatz or Max Thieriot. I am keeping this Elliot option open for a little while. For Jose, the photographer, played by Victor Rasuk, from How to Make it in America and Stephen Amell as Taylor the ever obedient Taylor, Grey's assistant. I'd love for it to be John Cena, but that would be playing games!

There is aslo Ana's family, her "father" Ray, her mother Carla, and step-day Bob. Here is Ray, as food for thought, Hugh Laurie! In all seriousness my second pick is Kyle Secor.

Tom Selleck as Christians dad. OOO I'm having much too much fun.

Busy now! Finish in a bit!

Laters, Baby ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment